Welcome to the Helix Education Centre
The Helix Education Centre is Harrow Local Authority’s Education Other Than at School (EOTAS) service. We are a Service consisting of a Primary & Secondary Pupil Referral Unit, Hospital Education, Home Tuition and an outreach Inclusion Support Team; providing education for pupils from 5-16 years covering the four Key Stages. The Helix Education Centre supports pupils from all Harrow Schools.
Our service provides a transitional education and support for up to 160 learners per year when they are unable to attend mainstream school. Pupils enter the service when they have been permanently excluded, as a respite placement, ill health (mental or physical) or occasionally by other circumstances.
I do hope you find all the information you need from our website, or contact us for further information.
Paa-King (PK) Maselino
Ofsted 2018 Outcome:
“The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education since the last inspection. You have continued to help pupils learn and develop.” Ofsted 2018
- The Hospital School is well focused on the very specific needs of the pupils.
- Pupils in this provision are well supported to achieve positive outcomes in both their academic achievement and their social and emotional well-being.
- Safeguarding is effective. A strong culture of safeguarding is evident across the two settings.
- Regular training for staff ensures that the well-being and safety of the pupils is paramount.
- The school works well with other relevant professionals to address any safeguarding issues identified in the community
- The school works well with parents.
- Transition to mainstream is carefully planned by a range of agencies and supported by the school’s transition support workers.